Quantum Integrity Software Inc. is seeking a talented and passionate Lead Animator to help create, prototype and review exciting and dynamic animation to add life to our characters using 3DS Max, Maya, and Unreal Engine 4.
You’ll be expected to work together with several teams of passionate artists and programmers to develop tools and techniques to support the creation of art for the project.
- 5+ years of experience in the game industry
- At least 1 shipped title as a Lead Animator
- Able to create body and ViewModel animations for human characters, along with animation for creatures, vehicles, props, and other assets to be integrated into in-game engines and/or cinematic sequences
- Capable of high quality, story-driven animation sequences
- Strong communication skills
- A passion for gaming and the will to experiment and innovate
- Experience in a “realism” style of animation
- Expert knowledge of 3DS Max/Maya for animation purposes
- Strong skills in regards to bone weighting and building bone hierarchies
- Working knowledge of 3DS Max, Maya, or Blender
The ideal candidate should be:
- Proficient communicator and leader
- Proactive to ensure productive internal workflow and beneficial relationships with other departments and external partners
- Able to prioritize day-to-day tasks to ensure that deliverables are completed on time and to spec., through stand-up meetings and 1on1s;
- A creative and problem-solving attitude.
- Expert knowledge of animation implementation and debugging techniques
Priority Consideration for applicants with professional experience relating to:
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and 5
- Experience with Motion capture animation clean-up and general workflows/integration with Max, Maya, or Unreal Engine